Blog Themes, Link Buttons and More! »

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Nice weekend

It's been a pretty nice weekend around here. Illarian is laying eggs nicely as are the hens. The kids spent quite a bit of time outside since it has been pretty hot here lately. Ken and his wife Tiffany came in from out of state with their daughters to visit. Ken is my youngest son's biological father. It was good to see them. We got to meet Brooklyn (L's newest sibling) and she reminds me so much of L when he was that age. She looks just like L did. Right down to the chubby cheeks and the smiles that never stop. But I tell you, it cured me of the baby fever for now. I look at how life is now that my youngest are both 9 and I think yeah a baby between Daniel and I would be wonderful but, do we really want to have a newborn at this stage in our lives? I am going to be 38 this year and Daniel will be 32. I know we aren't old by any means but while we both would love to have a biological child between us, are we sure we want to start the baby phase over again? And then you have to remember that if we decided to have a child together, it would involved IVF and a gestational surrogate. I can't carry another child. After L was born I had to have an emergency hysterectomy but my OB left me an ovary because he knew I wasn't done having children. I am no stranger to IVF, IUI, fertility drugs and the like. Been there, done that. The biggest hurdle would be financial. We do have a surrogate lined up, just would need the IVF insurance and the financial means that comes with IVF. Which is pretty costly. The meds alone are outrageous in price and chances are the cost has gone up since I last had to deal with the meds.  I'm sure we will eventually decide one way or the other. Just one of the many things that has been on my mind lately.  I hope your weekend was as good as mine was =)

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I just found you today, but I must say... I like you for some reason ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I have been pretty scarce lately due to some insanity that we are dealing with around here. But i will return in no time LOL. Iplan to post a nice long blog posting telling all about the insanity and how I didn't keep my mind thru it.

    Desarei

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...