Blog Themes, Link Buttons and More! »

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Color

     I have always done wild and off the wall colors with my hair. My natural hair color is a very deep and dark red purplesque type color. Think a deep burgyndy wine color. Because my natural color is one that you don't see very often, it gave me the perfect platform to do wild and different things with it in terms of other colors. I will never be able to go blonde for instance. Tried it and my natural red is such a deep and dark red that no amount of bleaching lifts it out. Last year I wanted to try magenta and deep purple. I went with Pravana Vivids and Pravana Wilds. I went in and had Ami do the colors for me. She started by telling me that she could 100% bleach my red out. I laughed and told her no, you can't. My hair color is such a dark and unusual shade of red naturally and you will not get all of it bleached out. At most you will come up with a fire orange color. Mark my words. After 4 hours, yes 4 hours...she finally said holy crap Dì you weren't kidding. Ummm yeah, I know HA HA. She did what she could and then layered the Pravana Magenta over it. The result was a startling yet soft magenta PINK. Not exactly what I wanted so Ami trudged on. She layered Pravana Purple mixed with Envy over the magenta. The result was a bit deeper but still definitely not what I wanted. After 5 hours we have finally reached a deep magenta pink with purple hues. Still not quite right. I gave my hair a break for 4 weeks and then tackled it myself at home. I am confident about coloring hair at home simply because I was a hair colorist and nail tech for several years in my younger days. Plus I figured I'm an artist so i know my colors quite a bit. I took Envy and mixed it with Passion (a dark purple) and let it set for an hour. The results were exactly what I had wanted to start with. A deep deep purple with some subtle blue hues. I achieved it by layering the mixed color over a blue based black called Midnight Star. I was thrilled. That color has lasted for over 6 months. Amazing if you ask me. Considering colors normally grow out fairly fast within a 6 week time period. This combination of color has proved to last a lot longer than any other color I have ever done. And I have done a lot to my hair over the years LOL. Just ask my family. I noticed a week ago that it had finally started to grow out some and decided to redo the colors this weekend. So far it's going pretty well. I noticed that the two white streaks that I have in my hair (they are natural snow white streaks btw, that popped up when I was just a teen. Went to bed one night and when I woke up in the morning these two streaks were there. Think Rogue from X-men. That's what they looked like. Stark snow white streaks out of nowhere. Doctors said it was probably from a traumatic event. Umm yeah ok) were starting to resurface and show. That's just not something I'm ready to let show again just yet. So coloring them to match the rest of my hair is what I do. I am going to consider layering a color called Sweet Plum over the colors after all is said and done. We will see how that turns out and whether I like it or not LOL.  For those of you wanting a color that lasts a long time I highly suggest Pravana Chromasilk colors. They last longer, are far easier on your hair and you will like the results better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...