Blog Themes, Link Buttons and More! »

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Newest members of our little "farm"

 So we have what we call our "little farm". Not really a farm but more than what city residents have. We have about 3 acres and I love it. In 2010 Chenoa tended to and hatched an egg at school. She was allowed to bring the chick home and we have raised her. Nefertiti is a Rhode Island Red hen that has been with us since she was conceived and we didn't like the idea of her being a solitary chicken. Our brood expanded to encompass a total of 7 hens and a rooster. Ra is our Rhode Island Red rooster. The hens are Nefertiti, Cleopatra, Bastet, Maat, Isis, Nephthys and Shu. And now we have gained a goose whom we have named Illarian. I am still on the hunt for a couple of goats. I have been looking for sometime now for at least 2 females and 1 male. I prefer Nebuian and Saanen goats for my dairy goats. I'll try and get some pictures of our chickens and goose for the blog if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...