Blog Themes, Link Buttons and More! »

Thursday, February 16, 2012

It's been a busy week...so far

     It has been a bit busy around here this week. I have been battling some stomach virus. At least thats what I think it is. I was actually feeling somewhat decent yesterday for most of the day. But then at around 7pm, BAM! it hit me full force once again. Only with it came nausea and stomach pain. I know what caused the nausea though. I don't get hunger pains like most people do when they are hungry. For me I have to remind myself to eat because of that. I have been like that since I was a kid according to my parents. For years I battled to gain weight. Being anemic and having Graves disease on top of SLE Lupus and RA, have created a "perfect storm" of sorts. Two years ago I weighed in at 98lbs. I managed to gain weight and got up to 100-105 lbs. But I still felt that I was entirely too skinny. There is definitely such a thing as being way too thin.  Last year I set a goal for myself to get to a healthy weight. I wanted to get to about 120 - 130 lbs. Which is ideal and "healthy" for my height and age. I am 5ft 7 1/2 and 37 years old. At this point I met my goal weight and then some. I now weigh 135 - 140 lbs. I look so much healthier and my hips are not bony anymore. But I still have to consciously remind myself to eat. It's hard for me because I get so busy and when you don't get the normal feeling of being hungry, you tend to just blow through meal times. Daniel has been a blessing in that area. He is 6ft 2in and a "big boy". It took him a bit to understand just why I don't get the normal hunger pains. So he actively makes sure I remember to eat. I know, I know, you are probably sitting there saying "How the hell do you forget to eat?!?"... trust me, I wish I knew why I am like this. So anyways, back to yesterday. The nausea came from not eating.  At least that's what I attribute it to. It's been like that for so long that I have just come to accept that is probably my hunger pains. I hadn't eaten in almost 48hrs, which is bad bad bad. Finally I was just feeling so bad that all I could really do is curl up on the bed and close my eyes. Rocking back and forth. I know, reminiscent of baby times right? Ha ha. Thankfully Cherokee knows the signs and said "Mama, you haven't eaten and you need to eat. It will help make you feel better." She brought me a small plate of pizza rolls since they are quick and would help ease the hunger fairly fast. I think I sat here eating them with my eyes closed. Ha ha. Chenoa came in and sat down next to me and rubbed my arm and said "Mama are you okay? I want you to feel better. I love you mama." I am so blessed to have such wonderful kids. Cherokee, Shawnee, Chenoa and Cheyenne all kept checking on me. Poor Daniel didn't know what to do other than kiss me and tell me I Love you baby. I have such a wonderful family. Did I mention that? Ha ha.

     We finally found a vehicle and brought it home last night. It's an older vehicle but it runs really great. We opted to get a 89 GMC Sierra 2500. Full size 1/2 ton pick-up truck. Other than a few minor cosmetic issues, it is sound and reliable. Now to get tags on it =)

     So here I sit at 3am, wide awake now and watching The Shift on Netflix. How has your week been so far?

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes forget to eat because I'm so busy...I rely on pieces of cheese and nuts or dried fruit. 48 hours, though, is a really long time. Glad you have someone to remind you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...