Blog Themes, Link Buttons and More! »

Friday, February 10, 2012

I know what's coming

     After the explosive argument with my ex I sat down several hours later and wrote an email to him. And then I wrote one to his wife and forwarded a copy of the email in its entirety to him. I did that so that there is no way she can twist what I said. Should I have sent her an email? Probably not. But I needed closure for myself. I have walked away from the situation and voiced my own opinions of the entire situation. I chose to wait until I was calm and level headed to write both emails. If I had written them when I was angry, it would have made the situation much worse. Even now, it will probably result in an explosive backlash from his wife and possibly from him. For whatever reason his wife doesn't want him to have an amicable friendship with the mother of his children (i.e. Me). I can now say that I tried. I tried to be friends with her. I tried to maintain a positive atmosphere with her, for the sake of my kids. I can't do anything more. -shrugs- What more does she want? She doesn't want my ex to have a viable relationship with his kids and she doesn't want him to have no contact with them either. So what the hell does she want? One or the other. Right?  Well, nothing more I can do. It is not my responsibility to make sure that he maintains a relationship with his kids.

2 comments:

  1. I admire you for holding it all in until you were calm...

    Clearly, she doesn't know what she wants. Yes, you have tried to reach out but to no avail. Some things, I guess, we should just leave as is.

    My ex's new partner and I haven't met yet, so I hope that doesn't happen to me too. Right now, I know she's good to my kid, so that's good enough for me.

    Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, she is not the honest and open person that she wants everyone to think she is. Despite knowing what kind of person she is, I still tried to make a positive and amicable atmosphere for the sake of my kids. But honestly, she is akin to a snake in the grass. A venomous snake. She is truly a toxic person. From experience with this woman, I can truthfully state that. She is a very selfish control freak. Not just that but she is what most classify as a toxic pathological personality. I am the first to state that I have a very wicked temper. One that is extremely explosive if I don't reign it in. However, while i may have that temper...It takes A LOT to trigger it. I am the type of personality that lets things build up to massive amounts before I finally just explode. Is that healthy? No I am sure it isn't. But, I have learned to control the temper and the stress that triggers it. It took me a long time to learn how to handle it. My weakness is that I care too much. Even for those that have burned me too many times to count. I care too much and I give too many "second chances".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...