Blog Themes, Link Buttons and More! »

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Old friendships, new starts

  It's been a rough road for my husband in terms of an old friendship for the last two years. This friendship has always been very important to him and for awhile it was all but non existent. In the last 8 months or so the friendship has become more like it was when they were younger. For the longest time I felt really horrible because one of the reasons that the friendship drifted apart was because Daniel married me. The other reason was Daniel's ex wife. Long story short, the best friend felt like he was left in the dust and the dark, because he didn't know me and had no idea that Daniel was even considering getting married again. The other was that Daniel's ex wife used the best friend to hurt Daniel. It has taken a lot of time and a lot of work to get things back on track to where they are now. I honestly like Daniel's best friend and when I saw how much it was hurting both of them to not be as close as they were before I came along, I sent the best friend an email in an effort to try and bring them back on track and back to where they needed to be in terms of being best friends.  At first I didn't think it would make a difference since there was definitely some mistrust and animosity there due to events that had transpired. But I tried anyway. I'm glad that Daniel and his best friend D***** have for the most part; worked things out. D came and spent the majority of the day over here with us today and it was a really good time for all of us. D is actually a good guy and my wish for him is that he finds the happiness that he deserves so much. I hope he knows that Daniel and I are here for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...