Blog Themes, Link Buttons and More! »

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Friends in disguise

Sometimes we don't realize who looks up to us, who depends on us, and who needs us in thier lives. Sometimes we become so wrapped up in our own little world that we don't see when someone that we THOUGHT we hated, needs us. I am one of those who is very guilty of this. There was a time when I thought I hated this person so deeply, so greatly that I'd not even give them the time of day. But then....then there came a time when this person needed a TRUE friend desperately. I was there. I was the first one this person ran to because they KNEW they could count on me to be there to lend a shoulder to cry on, an hand to help pull them back up when they got knocked down. It was that moment that made me realize, I don't hate this person. I may dislike what this person says or does sometimes, but I don't hate them. I don't want to see this person get hurt and this person has been hurt in the worst way imaginable by someone that they loved and had given thier heart to. I went to that person and said "I know I have my flaws and my faults. I know I can be the worlds coldest and biggest *****  at times. I know I'm not easy to get along with alot of the time and I know I'm harsh. But remember, I will always be there as a friend, I will always be there to help you thru when you need a friend the most. I proved that when I was the first one to tell you how sorry I am that she has behaved the way that she has, and been so hateful at times, all while saying she loves you. And I am sorry that she has hurt you. No matter what, you don't deserve that kind of pain and I wish I could  prevent it from happening. I have no magic wand to wave the pain away, but I do have the power to be a friend and help you thru this hard time. It took me a long time to realize that even though we disagree, you can be a good friend when you want to be and that you don't always do the things you do just to be an ***." I think we all need to realize that sometimes.....a friend is in the most ordinary of disguises.

Warmest thoughts and much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...