Blog Themes, Link Buttons and More! »

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

[Insert Witty Title here]

I am...tired. Just so tired. It's been a quiet day filled with lots of rain around here, so you'd think I would have been able to sleep right? Wrong. My back had other ideas.

  As you know by now, over 7,000 websites have went dark in protest of the SOPA and PIPA bills that are due to be voted on in Congress on January 24th.  But, i will be glad when the sites come back on line. You never know how much you use a site, until its down. Reddit, Google, Mozilla, Wikipedia, and Craigslist have all joined the protest. I applaud them for standing up for our Amendment rights, but again I will be glad when they come back on line. This shows you just how much you really do use the sites. Most of us have never given it any real thought as to how much we utilize a particular site. We never pay attention to how often we go to them for information, downloads, images, etc. Until the day you need it and can't access it.

  My concern is this: If the government gains control over something as simple as the internet, what else are they going to want? That is not to say that it's a bad thing. I'm just curious as to what else we as people, may have to give up? In all honesty I really don't know the in depth reason as to WHY these two bills passing would be so big.  Maybe I am just naive and need to read up on this more.

  What are your thoughts on SOPA, PIPA and sites going dark in protest of them?

And for those who think this doesn't affect them, here is a video that explains it VERY well.




XOXO
DesareƬ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...