Blog Themes, Link Buttons and More! »

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sometimes...

Sometimes we meet people in life that have such a profound impact on us, our hearts, that we will never forget them, even if we tried. I have met so many people in my life, from all different walks of life. Each one has contributed something, in some way to how I live, how I view things. Some have contributed on an emotional level, others on a level that I can't explain. What I do know is that I have been very lucky in my life. I have come to know and meet people that mean so much to me. More than even they can fathom.

Daniel, my husband: He is my best friend. He has been there for me when I needed him the most. He has always encouraged me to pursue my dreams. He has encouraged me, pushed me to share my talents that he feels have so much emotion and passion within them. Daniel has given me something that very few find in life.....A heart that understands and knows me better than I know myself sometimes.

Lorenzo: Ahhh Lorenzo....a friend I met quite by surprise at a time in my life when I was falling and desperately grasping for a hand I could not see. He has listened to me rave and rant on bad days, gush on good days and he has listened to me cry when I thought no one else could hear me. He has been a solid hand of reason, pulling me back down to earth, smacking me into reality when I was blinded by emotions. He has picked me up when I have fallen and he has helped me thru some hard times.

Nicole, my "twin": You are probably saying, well duh that's her "twin", of course she will be important. What you don't know is Nicole has been the one to console me for hours and even weeks when things have gone wrong. She has always, always been the one to pick me up when I have fallen so far that no one else has been able to help. She has held me up and walked when I felt that I could no longer do so on my own. She has put my shattered heart back together when no one else could. I can't count the hours she has listened to me cry, all the while she has whispered, I Love you sis, you are safe in my arms, I am here to carry you, to help you, to love you. WE will make it thru this hard time together. She is by far the most important person in my life next to my kids and my husband. I would give my dying breath for her, and she knows it. With Nicole, when she is hurt, I can feel it even when I may be thousands of miles away. I can feel when something is wrong, just as she can feel when I am hurt, when something is wrong. We finish each others sentences, thoughts....Its hard to explain and it seems so cliche to refer to it as that "twin thing". The bond between me and my "twin" sister is unimaginable. It is unexplainable as we are closer than most. When she was pregnant with my niece, I felt her pains, her aches, her sicknesses. Its just a bond that is so very strong.

Ravin, my soul sister: Ravin is another who has made a huge impact on my life. One who knows my Native American Heritage. The dreams, the visions. She understands my Native American heritage better than most people. She doesn't shun me because of it. I may have red hair thanks to being 1/4 Irish but she can tell you as well as Nic, that my native american heritage is a very strong influence in my life. I am proud to be Sioux Indian and it shows in my eyes.

Those are but a few of the people who have impacted my life deeply. Forever in my heart, my soul. Sometimes we meet people that have a lasting impact on our lives. And sometimes, we meet people that we form life long bonds with. Bonds that don't fade with time and distance. Hold those people close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...