Blog Themes, Link Buttons and More! »

Sunday, January 22, 2012

My world

I have always loved music. It is an integral part of my life. Part of who I am. I have an ever expanding list of music that I listen to when I am working on Dragon Moon© and Soul Thief©. I recently added a new piece to the list and wanted to share it with you.
Marsden's Lament

 Listen to the music. The notes. Listen to the melody as it branches out and touches you. Listen to what every note is saying. There is always a story to be told in each piece. I have played piano since I was a child. It is one of the talents I kept hidden from even my parents. When I sit down at a piano and play, I enter a world that only I know. A world where every note, every image and memory, has a story to tell. Some of the story may be sad, other parts happy.  But each story is unique and speaks volumes. I close my eyes and let my hands glide over the keys. Music is a refuge. A tether to a world that is beautiful and ever evolving. No matter how sad a piece is, it's story draws you in. You learn to listen to what is not being said. You learn to hear the unspoken words. The hidden emotions. Music, like writing and art or photography, is for me...The world I like to lock myself within. It's part of who I am. And who I will always be. No matter the notes, or the melody. No matter the pictures I paint, or the photographs I take. It's a world filled with beauty and peace. It's a world that so few can understand. Entering this world, a world I created for myself...is me.





2 comments:

  1. Music is more than notes put together...it's an experience. The way you described it is so poetic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed. A journey that never ends but always fills you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...