Blog Themes, Link Buttons and More! »

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Trippin' Tuesday

Yep, it's time for Trippin' Tuesday again. Granted my Trippin' Tuesday isn't as significant or any more special than anyone else's. The past week has been so insignificant that it is in essence....B O R I N G. I lead such a simple and boring life these days. LOL. Daniel and I had a small meeting of the minds with the school last week. Mostly in regards to whether Hunter's IEP was being followed. When report cards came out last month, I was shocked to see that he had 3 or 4 F's. That shouldn't be. That is why the IEP is in place. Is it not? So, the meeting of the minds took place. I walked away from the meeting with no real sense of relief that the issue had been addressed and resolved. I don't think they much appreciate that I tossed out there, the reason I Home-school after 6th grade. Needless to say, another meeting will take place on January 12th. That meeting will include Hunter's teacher. I am not a fan of his teacher. Neither is Daniel. Daniel had the same teacher when HE went to this school as a child. He warned me ahead of time that she is rather difficult. And for lack of a better way of putting it, a real snot face towards parents who dare to go head to head with her. But those of you who know me and have known me for many many years, know that doesn't phase me in the least. You know that I like a good challenge. I am going into this meeting with an open mind and will try my best to remain respectful and polite. But even I can only take so much before the gloves come off and the battle is on. Enough of rambling on about that though.

Have you ever noticed how complicated things that were once easy, have now become? Prime example is obtaining a replacement Social Security card. And how about getting a new driver's license? I was shocked when they told me that, I had to have a copy of my marriage license to my ex husband, to prove why my last name went from my maiden name to the name listed on my license. Seriously? Really? Were the divorce papers not enough of an explanation? I questioned as to why and was told it's a Homeland Security thing that is now required. Wow. Either way, I got the required documents and will be getting my new ID. This world is seriously trippin' on some good stuff. LOL

In other news, Chey is almost done with her Marine Biology classes, and has applied for a job as a cashier at the local supermarket. One of our dogs, Mercedes...had her puppies back in October. And now, my dog Elle is expecting and due sometime in the next 3-4 weeks. Go figure. They will definitely be spayed and neutered soon.

Last but definitely not least, I want to announce that my beautiful niece Ayra Morgan Caye H. was born on December 20,2011. I am beyond excited for my baby brother and his wife. he finally got his girl.

Isn't she beautiful?

Warmest thoughts,

Desarei

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...