Blog Themes, Link Buttons and More! »

Friday, January 13, 2012

An inspiring story

Most of you who have followed me privately for a good number of years, know that I have always had a soft spot for MMORPG's and for RPG's. For those who are sitting there going "What in the world is MMORPG and RPG?" MMORPG stands for Massive Multi online role playing game, and RPG stands for role playing game. My gaming list consists of: WoW (World of Warcraft), GW (Guild Wars), LoTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) and Rift (well Rift). I have played both WoW and GW since they were in Beta testing. I have watched as Azeroth (in WoW) and Kryta (in GW) have went through some massive changes, and evolved in story line and lore. I have been called a "hard core girl gamer" for many years now as a result of my love for the games. So it is no surprise that I would read articles that center around the gaming community. A particular article caught my attention and left me feeling emotional and proud that the gaming community that I participate in, has proven that it's much more than a game. it is a community that develops lasting, strong friendships that evolve into family. I want to share that article with you. Guild Embraces Blind guildie . This article proves what I have always told others...Playing WoW and GW is more than playing a game. You have the very real means to form lasting relationships. In fact, I met my husband on WoW. As odd as it may seem to a lot of you, it doesn't seem odd to me and millions of others.

Warmest thoughts,
DesareƬ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...