Blog Themes, Link Buttons and More! »

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Heartbreaking

It is heart breaking news that Tripp Roth has passed away. My heart goes out to Courtney right now. As a mother who has lost a child, I know how very real, and how much her heart hurts right now. I can't find the words to form, to express how this makes not just Courtney feel, but everyone who has ever prayed for Tripp and followed Courtney's blog. There are no words that can make it hurt any less for her. We can't take the pain away, or make everything all right. But we can be a source of comfort and support for a mother who is in a time of need. We can rally around her and show her that we care, that we understand. Hearing the news of Tripp's passing, reminded me of how hard it was to deal with my own child's passing 17 years ago. It reminded me of how you feel helpless and as though your world suddenly started spiraling out of control. No matter how much you prepare yourself for it, it is still a shock when it happens. There are no words that can make it better. But there are words that can show that we understand, that we know the pain. I am asking all of my fellow mothers, fathers, bloggers and parents, those of you who have lost a child will know what I mean. I am asking that we rally around Courtney and help her through this journey. I am asking that we show her that we know how she feels, that we care enough to be there. Even when there are no words that can be spoken, there are always shoulders that can be leaned on, hands to wipe the tears. Ears to listen to the grief and sorrow.

Rest in Peace Tripp. You will always be the little drummer boy that showed us what strength and grace truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...