Blog Themes, Link Buttons and More! »

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Reflections

Autumn has always been my absolute favorite time of the year. The beautiful colors, the breeze that blows. The smell of a year going past too quickly. Its a time of reflection, a time of beauty. For me anyhow. I'm not sure about any of you but for me, last year was a rollercoaster ride. There comes a time in our lives when we sit back and reflect over the things we have done, the things we have yet to do, and most of all....the person we have become. Do we like what we see? Are there things we want to change? Things we NEED to change? Our lives are like the grains of sand in an hourglass. Each particle slips thru the hourglass, settles below where we can look at them later and reflect on them. There are things I have done in my life that I am not proud of by any means, BUT...it shows I am human, shows that I do make mistakes, sometimes they may be big mistakes but they are mine none the less. It doesn't mean I am proud of them, doesn't mean I want to be lashed for them. In the course of life I have received many lashings for mistakes I have made, almost all of which I am not proud of. A mistake is a lesson to be learned, sometimes we repeat that lesson until we get the damn thing right.....much to our own dismay.
I like to sit late at night and write on a series of books I have been working on for the better part of 13-14 years now (will I ever finish them? Who knows, I just enjoy writing them). So last night I sat and wrote on Book 8 of the 13. Delusions of Time. Daenaraea is learning her power, she is learning the power of life and what it holds for her. She has learned she is a witch, not really something she had expected.
Did you expect me to write anything less? LOL. I write paranormal romances....I love it lol
Anyhow....life is never what we expect it to be, its full of curves, twists and turns that get us when we least expect it. Get used to it my friends, you have no control over destiny or fate.
Life is not just about living, but seeing as well. For awhile now I've had a phrase on my FB. You can see with your eyes, but can you see with your mind? How many of you have actually sat and thought about what I mean by that? Have you really sat and thought about it? Have you figured out the hidden meaning behind it yet? Probably not. My meaning behind it is much deeper, an endless ocean of meaning and depth. Life is meant to be lived, enjoyed. Close your eyes and FEEL with your mind, what life is offering, teaching....
Sometimes you have to close your eyes and see with your mind in order to get the full view. Most people in today's society rush by life without ever giving it any thought or feeling. They are too busy to see all the wonders it has within it. My mind can often be a dark, turbulent place to be. Again, Autumn is my absolute favorite time of year. Its when everything changes in preparation for Winter. Autumn is alot like people and life. Everything changes. Last year I reflected on how so many try to control fate and destiny. Since when do we have any control of Mistress Fate and Mistress Destiny's hand? Last time I checked, both of them control thier own hands and wether we like it or not....it intertwines with our daily lives. Again, life is a lesson. One big lesson. Sometimes we repeat lessons in life until we get it right. Its what makes us who we are. It shapes what we become. You can choose to become bitter and cynical, or caring and open-minded. We all have moments of drakness, but what happens to us during those moments is the important thing. Do you give into the darkness or will you reach for the hand that is stretched towards you, offering solice and comfort? (to be continued)

Warmest thoughts and much love,
Desarei

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...