Blog Themes, Link Buttons and More! »

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Judgmental Parents

 I have never been one to tell another parent how they should raise their child. Nor how they should parent. Every parent has their own unique parenting style. However, it is truly sad that while you and I may not cast judgement on other parents, that favor is not always returned to us. Inevitably there will always be people who feel that they MUST shove their opinions and parenting ways on others. These type of people are usually pretty easy to spot. You know, the one's who let their children run all over Walmart and Target, screaming at the top of their lungs. The ones who tell you "My child would NEVER do [insert action here]." or "My child would NEVER say [insert words here]." Keep telling yourself that. The moment you say your child would never do this, or say that, the child will almost always prove you wrong.  What about the parents that think their child[ren] are perfect and can do no wrong or make no mistake? Doesn't it grate on the proverbial nerve even just a tad? I tell you, I am the first to say "yep, my son probably did do such and such." and I will be the first to handle the issue. I know that my kids are far from perfect and that they do things that don't make me happy in the least. That doesn't mean I love them any less.  What I take issue with is when you see a mother or father that could just care less about their own kid, but yet they insert themselves into another parent's life.  How the heck can they justify trying to parent someone else's child when they don't even parent their own?!? Seriously? Really? I know someone who fits this to the letter. This person can't bring themselves to parent their own two children and asks others to do it for them. Right down to discipline. But then said person turns around and inserts themselves into someone else's life and tries to tell them how to parent their children. Umm, hello...you don't parent your own children and you sure as heck don't act like you actually CARE for those children. So why the heck are you trying to parent someone else's children? It's obvious that the person has no true concept of what being a parent is. How can you justify shoving your kids off on your parents while you traipse around town, chasing after every male you possibly can?  I'm sorry but that is NOT being a parent. As a parent your children come FIRST and foremost in your life. Their well being comes above all else. You are entitled to have a life and have fun, AFTER your children are taken care of.  There is nothing wrong with wanting a life. But, you have children to think about and you are 30+ years old, GROW UP. And sending your kids to live with your parents is NOT being a good parent. Especially not when the children are in their formative years.  How is that being a good parent? Can anyone honestly give me a good, in depth answer? I am willing to sit and listen.

Edited to add: I realize that I come across as judgmental in this post. That however is not and never will be my intention. I am just trying to wrap my mind around a particular issue that I have personally had to watch for the last two years.

XOXOXO
Desareì

1 comment:

  1. AAAhhh, I know what you mean! I absolutely avoid saying what my child would not do! I get so tired of seeing parents on the news crying about how their children would NEVER do what they had just been arrested for... any number of crimes. Meanwhile their children has a rap sheet a block long and does nothing with their lives other than hang out with friends... go figure!! Following you back!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...